Administrative Assistant – Join Our Family
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
You’re Not a Stereotypical Administrative Assistant…
Are you Detail Oriented with High Standards? Are you looking for a place where you can be part of a growing and tight knit team?
PMV Custom Finishes, an established, progressive, and growing commercial and residential painting contractor is now accepting applications for a meticulous, flexible, and logical individual to join our team. You will be an important part of our operations team in a fast-paced multiple task environment.
The customer-focused, seasoned Administrative Assistant is a critical part of our company so it’s important that the person we choose will be a “fit” with our commitments and shared values. If you or someone you know would like to be rewarded for your perseverance, efficiency, and flexibility, please read on or share this.
ABOUT THE JOB – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Assist management team with documentation, data-entry, and other follow-up & follow-through.
– Act as liaison for all incoming communications, address or forward appropriately.
– Assist with providing estimate requests using our scripts
– Order and manage office supply inventory and order jobsite supplies when requested
– Oversee the organization of all electronic and paper files from vendors, customers, employees, etc.
– Provide support to marketing and sales staff as needed – manage the marketing calendar, deliver customer gifts
– Provide research & data-entry support, etc.
– Ensure customers receive excellent follow-up and progress update communication via phone, email, etc.
– Assist with addressing customer needs while delivering excellent service
– Communicate and collaborate with staff to assist with scheduling assistance, project support, information requests, etc.
– Oversee and run our hiring process by posting ads, reviewing applicants, scheduling candidate interviews with hiring manager, etc.
– Onboard new subcontractors and painters by meeting with them, explaining our paperwork, processes, etc.
Light Bookkeeping / Data Entry:
– Data-entry of day-to-day financial receipts, invoices, payments, etc.
– Ensure financial information is up-to-date, accurate, and available
ABOUT YOU – TRAITS AND SKILLS NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
– You have a preference for maintaining and establishing an organized workplace.
– You enjoy compiling, confirming, and organizing information.
– You have the ability to finish tasks despite challenges or resistance.
– You prefer to adhere to rules, regulations, and existing methods.
– You demonstrate self-control and an ability to manage time and priorities.
– You are answerable and accountable for your actions.
– You recover quickly from adversity.
– You treat others fairly, regardless of personal bias or beliefs.
– Previous experience is more important. College degree in Business, Administration or Finance could really help, but not necessary.
– 3+ more years of administrative experience; supporting a high-level manager or business owner.
– Accounting/ Finance experience helpful
– Previous experience overseeing projects – timelines, resources needed, scheduling, etc.
– MS Office, cloud-based software, familiarity with and willingness to learn new technologies
– Ability to pass background check
SCHEDULE / COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
General working hours are 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM with occasional earlier or later hours, 40 hours per week, in office.
– $18.00 per hour
– 1 Week PTO
– 6 Paid Holidays
– Health Insurance
– Retirement Plan
– Profit Sharing
Ability to commute/relocate:
Portage, MI 49024: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
We are excited to meet you and see if we might be what you are looking for!